FMAEF Job Position Description
Position Title: FMAEF Executive Director
Reports to: Chairman and Board of Directors (Board)
Create and execute the Board-approved Strategic Plan, including but not limited to growing the Foundation in a collaborative and beneficial environment with the Masonry Association of Florida (MAF), the Florida Concrete & Products Association (FC&PA), the Florida Department of Corrections (FDC), and local CareerSource Florida workforce development boards. At a minimum the Plan shall include industry participation, MAF apprenticeship promotion to pre-apprentices, pre-apprenticeship program expansion, re-entry program support and masonry education program development, and SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threat) analysis. As further described below, performance goals will be measured against growth metrics established by the Board and reviewed on at least an annual basis.
The Executive Director shall:
- Meet with the Foundation Chairman and Board on at least a quarterly basis to review progress of the Foundation Strategic Plan.
- Identify pre-apprentice talent pipelines throughout Florida.
- Develop strategy, policies, processes, and best practices to leverage pre-apprentice talent pipeline to facilitate increased enrollment in masonry apprenticeship programs by the MAF.
- Perform other duties to achieve successful implementation of the Foundation strategic plan and growth metrics.
- Submit recommendations to maintain or revise the Foundation Strategic Plan on an annual basis or as otherwise directed by the Board.
Each year, the Executive Director will present Foundation and staff specific, quantifiable goals no later than the January FMAEF Board meeting for Board Approval. The goals shall include the following:
- Target number of NCCER pre-apprentice programs that focus on masonry related training to include Construction Technology and Carpentry programs.
- Target number of NCCER pre-apprentices enrolled per region that transition into active/existing apprenticeship programs.
- Target number of NCCER re-entry pre-apprentice programs that focus on masonry related training to include Construction Technology and Carpentry programs.
- Target number of NCCER re-entry pre-apprentices enrolled per region that transition into active/existing apprenticeship programs.
- Other workforce development and educational best practice goals specific to the support of teaching and learning in all pre-apprentice programs supported by the FMAEF.
Develop and implement a collaborative marketing plan to expand masonry pre-apprenticeship programs:
- Research and confirm the immediate, one-year, and three-year demand for masons for the continued success of the industry.
- Justify the viability of all potential pre-apprentice training partners and sites.
- Define marketing strategy and plans to successfully achieve the established goals.
- Coordinate the collaborative development of all promotional materials to advertise the pre-apprentice and apprentice program to prospective students, educational institutions, association members, prospective members, prospective instructors, and the community.
- Collaboratively develop and distribute promotional materials that communicate the benefits of the pre-apprenticeship programs to masonry contractors, educational institutions, and the importance of their participation and support to these efforts.
Develop pre-apprenticeship programs to meet industry needs:
- Review existing program specifications to ensure alignment with industry requirements, state and national standards, and all FLDOE guidelines for CTE programs.
- Determine industry requirements beyond the scope of current program by collaboratively communicating with masonry contractors, producers, and other masonry benefactors.
- Guide, design and develop a “menu” of industry educational and training programs.
Manage daily operations of the Foundation:
- Supervise staff and office assistant(s).
- Develop and review all office procedures and activities.
- Provide direction to office staff on accounting, budget, marketing and other organizational requirements for the efficient operation of the FMAEF.
Manage and direct regional program coordinators by setting individual performance standards and establishing accountability to goals:
- Meet and travel with regional program coordinators to prioritize and focus efforts.
- Hold regular regional program coordinator meetings to share information and review status of goals.
- Facilitate regional cooperation with local chapter apprentice programs.
- Prospect, recruit and retain full staff of regional coordinators.
Develop and organize funding programs to maintain a successful Foundation:
- Maintain close relationships and contact with all benefactors, including producers, masonry contractors, and other industry supporters.
- Provide recommendations to the Board for expanding funding sources.
- Research and write grants as a stand-alone, or in partnership with others.
- Report results of the funding programs to the Board and finance committee on a regular basis.
Develop and implement the Finance Committee’s financial plan:
- Monitor foundation expenses and prepare regular financial reports with the Foundation’s accountant.
- Develop yearly foundation budget with Foundation accountant.
- Monitor and report cash flow on a monthly basis to Finance Committee and Board Chairs.
Perform ad hoc duties as directed by the Chairman and Board of Directors. These include but are not limited to:
- Serve on the Board of Trustees as a non-voting member.
- Record the minutes and summarize decisions of all meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Provide all notices in accordance with the provisions of Foundation bylaws and as required by law.
- Maintain custody of the corporate records of the Foundation.
- Act as custodian of all Foundation funds and direct same to be deposited in the banks or financial institutions selected by the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare an annual budget with accompanying annual plan and goals.
- Make a financial report to the Board of Trustees at each meeting and at other times when requested by the Chairman or the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare, at the end of the fiscal year or at such other times as an audit or financial review is ordered by the Board of Trustees, financial reports and statements for the Certified Public Accounting firm selected by the board to audit and/or review the financial records of the Foundation.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Strongly Preferred:
- Experience and knowledge of the masonry, concrete and/or construction industries.
- Experience in or knowledge of the Florida State educational system and apprenticeship training system is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in recruiting, employing, supervising and retaining staff, including performance reviews.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct work, including delegation of appropriate responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead volunteers and staff.
- Experience in or familiar with the rules and regulations that govern 501 (C) (3) organizations.
- Knowledge of effective procedures for grants management, performance evaluation, and strategies for continuous quality improvement.
- Trade association experience or familiarization with the workings of an association business.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills in all group size situations.
- Goal oriented with the focus on team-work participation and consensus building decision making.
- Superior organization skills.
- College Degree required. Industry experience, prior organizational leadership, and other relevant experience shall be considered in lieu of education requirements.
Motivational & Personality Factors:
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities: Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Participative management style–advocate of team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive-but is able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results and people oriented but have sound judgment-ability to balance other business considerations.
- Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
- Proven experience positively collaborating with industry partners, funders, and the industry at-large.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to:
- Use spreadsheets, including complex formulas and linkages.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, tables, graphs, and spreadsheets.
- Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Analyze large volumes of participant, business and system performance data to determine trends, needs, and design effective changes/solutions as needed.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to:
- Think and communicate strategically.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret a variety of technical information, deal with abstract and concrete variables, and define and design plans, proposals, and communications derived from this information and variables.
- Work independently and with teams.
Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Talk and hear.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Stand for extended periods of time, walk, climb, and balance.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Possess close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust visual focus.
I have read and understand this job description and its requirements before applying on LinkedIn.